- Give the gift of life...Donate blood with the American red cross tomorrow afternoon from 1 till 6 at first united Methodist church on Norwich street across from Glynn academy...On Wednesday, from 11am till 5pm at the St. Simons island police precinct next to the airport... Friday afternoon from 1 till 6 at southeast Georgia health system’s Brunswick hospital on Parkwood drive... On Sunday, march 2nd from 9am till 2pm at St. Francis Xavier church across from Hanover Park on Newcastle street.
- The Brunswick high school band needs your help. They’ve been invited to play in next year’s Thanksgiving Day parade in Philadelphia to make the trip they’ll need about $600 per student that’s almost $90,000 total. To help out contact Sarah Hartman at 279-5988 or 222-3348.
- Magic 105.9 invites you to the Glynn academy alumni celebration this Saturday afternoon at Ziggy’s on St. Simons island. Lunch from 1 till 2. Entertainment from 2 till 4 with the one and only chicken man Mike Culver, Johnny "Elvis" Thomas, and a special singing performances by Doug Thomas, and Dale & Rhonda McNabb.
- 1041 the wave invites you to the Great Golden Isles Yard Sale on Saturday, March 15th from 8 till 5, at the Mary Ross Waterfront park in downtown Brunswick over 100 booths plus food and entertainment this is what you get when a yard sale collides head on with a festival.
- Booth space is still available for the 2014 business expo on Tuesday, march 1st at the Jekyll island convention center call 265-0620.